ATP client Benoit knew he needed help to get in shape after years of trying to be healthy and workout with limited success.
Read his story and discover his 5 secrets for getting in shape:
Why did you decide to get started with ATP Personal Training?
I had been telling myself “You are 49; your metabolism and ultimately your body is changing, you must accept that you are no longer 20!”. But in the back of my mind, I was also somehow disappointed by the fact that despite my daily workouts and attempts to be healthy, my physique did not change. When you make efforts, you expect results, right? I knew I needed help to get the results I wanted.
I saw an ad and it was like a sign from the universe. That is how I met up with Pete and his team and started my transformation journey.
How would you compare yourself from day-one to now, in terms of fitness, mindset, physique and health?
There is now a harmony between my physique and who I am on the inside; “A healthy mind in a healthy body” as they say.
ATP and my coach Iskandar helped me to think about every aspect of my daily routine, including the importance of having good sleep, good food (being more calorie conscious) and doing the right exercise.
These days I have more youthful energy than ever, and I feel proud and satisfied to have this body at my age.
“I have more youthful energy than ever, and I feel proud and satisfied to have this body at my age.”
What has been the greatest difference in your life since working with ATP Personal Training?
I have realized that the human body is flexible and able to adapt, so much so that with planning and a little care, we can still socialize while staying fit. You don’t have to miss out on anything or choose between health and a social life.
The changes in my mind and body make me feel confident, and my mind feels sharper, like when I was younger. My body is where my mind lives, so I must take care of it!
My wife has also noticed big changes – like many of us, especially my fellow French people, I love food and wine…too much, in excess sometimes. The biggest change for my wife is that she can see that I am now more reasonable, and I think that’s a good thing.
Last but definitely not least, my wife is definitely impressed by my new physique!
“The changes in my mind and body make me feel confident, and my mind feels sharper, like when I was younger. My body is where my mind lives, so I must take care of it!”
What was the most surprising thing about the process?
I was surprised by how easy it was to change my food habits (with my coach’s help) to make healthier choices. I was also amazed at the pace of my body transformation – the first significant results came much sooner than I expected.
Did your experience differ from your expectations?
Before getting started I thought that I would just be lifting weights in a fixed time slot, but the reality is much more than that.
You might read health and fitness advice in magazines or follow “instructors” on the web, but when it comes to execution, sometimes you need an actual voice, clear and professional, to accompany you and help you to achieve the best results possible. This is what ATP Personal Training does.
There is an active follow-up performed by the trainers (initially daily, then randomly when you become more independent in managing your routine), that extends beyond your time at the gym.
Would you recommend this to your friends?
It is definitely a must, I really wish I had done this sooner! I’ll encourage all my friends to make the changes that I’ve made.
What advice would you give to someone about to start their fitness journey?
- Drink more water and stop snacking on sweets between meals Simply drinking more water helped me to feel more energetic and perform better, I was also better able to distinguish between thirst and hunger. Cutting out snacks was a really easy but significant step for me- I started to enjoy my meal times more and became more aware of my hunger signals.
- Be calorie conscious I have a much better understanding of the calorie contents of the foods I eat regularly, this gives me far greater flexibility with my food choices, which for me makes this approach far more sustainable in the long term.
- Move your body for at least 5 to 20 minutes of exercise a day When I move my body every day I feel better and I perform better, I’m very unwilling to break this exercise habit. Before I would put off training If I didn’t have the time for a full session, now I realise that something is always better than nothing.
- Adjust your bedtime to your needs I feel I get the most benefit from the hours of sleep that take place before midnight, and I’ve adjusted my schedule to maximise quality sleep time to support my training efforts. When I feel well rested life is easy, I enjoy my training and my diet is effortless.
- Enjoy the process I focus my energy on the process not on the outcome. When I consistently execute the plan I know that the results will follow, so for me the challenge has been to make sure that the plan is one that excites me and one that I enjoy. Anyone can commit to 12 weeks of misery for a short term benefit but crafting a process that integrates with your lifestyle for the long term is far more valuable.
Above all, I would say to… Go for it. Don’t hesitate. Do not wait any longer!
“Why waste any more time? Get started as soon as possible! Stick to the DNA plan (Diet, Nutrition, Activity) that you set up with your coach and you will be amazed by the results!”
Complete the form below to get started today.